To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: 35-70/f3.5 vario-elmar first style
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 06:07:00 -0500

Thanks to the group I am getting a daily education in Leica and life.  I
have recently acquired an R7 and a used vario-elmar, made in Japan and with
rotating front element.  It appears in reasonably good shape and I will get
the first chromes back today.

I notice that there is some sideways play in the lens.  I wiggles and if you
hold the body tightly you can see a small image shift looking through the
viewfinder.  I'm going to use the lens for travel pics mostly and family
pics.  For other shooting I will use my M6.

I don't have a new lens to compare it with - is this normal - or the result
of a lot of use.  It is probably EX+ and the serial number is #3321342,
which look like it was manufactured in 1984. I'm within the return period if
I have to send it back.  Thanks