To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: HCB on 60 minutes
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@phantom.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 00:12:48 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

I know for a fact that one of HCB's most famous photographs
was made with an inexpensive Agfa 120 camera. The story, as told
to my friend by HCB, is that he was photographing the event and
ran out of 35mm film. Non of the close-by shops carried 35mm.
HCB then bought the cheap Agfa 120 and made one of his most
famous pictures. Funny thing is that a number of the Leica
people (used to be E.Leitz, Wetzlar) don't know this. I've seen
the picture reproduced in a Leica book. Tsk, tsk. Ed Meyers