To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: HCB' Printings
From: saminad@amoco.saclay.cea.fr (Laurent Saminadayar)
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 12:11:15 +0200

Hi there!
Maybe I can answer some questions about HCB' printings. Actually, I Work with the same printer as HCB, called George Fevre, from Pictorial Service. This man, who is now 65 or 70 years old, worked also a lot for Robert Doisneau, Joseph Koudelka, Marc Riboud, Gisele Freund and so on. He is, I believe, one of the best printer in the world. If you are interesting in, I can give you some information on George's (and HCB's) philosophy of printing. I don't think Gassman would agree to answer any question, for George told me He is a strange guy; and you know, he is now the boss of a 300 people lab!
Send me a mail if I can help in any way. And sorry for my english!
Laurent SAMINADAYAR
7, Rue Decres
75014 PARIS-FRANCE
saminad@amoco.saclay.cea.fr