To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Henri Cartier-Bresson
From: Edi Weitz <weitz@math.uni-hannover.de>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 10:09:27 +0200

>I will keep trying to
>remember where I read the interview with him:  it was very interesting,
>actually, because the interviewer got out a light-meter and started
>getting HCB to tell him the exposure value for various shots and
>comparing them to the light-meter reading.  There was also some
>discussion of films and developers, although not a great deal.

I remember that volume. I have a copy of it at home. It does not contain an interview but it collects three articles of different authors about HCB - one of them was David Vestal, I forgot the other two. As you said, there's not much information about films and such in that one. I just remember one of the authors saying that Cartier-Bresson used HP3 at that time.

I'll post the volume number to this group next week [after my return from a short trip to Cologne where I will see my favorite soccer team win against Bremen and thus not descend into the second league. At least this is what I hope to see...]

Bye, Edi.

Edmund Weitz
University of Hannover
Dept. of Mathematics