To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Passport vs. Leica hits the sand
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Thu, 09 May 1996 08:41:22 -0700

At 08:05 PM 5/8/96 -0700, you wrote:

>The Passport warrenty is pretty much of a gimmick.  The only time it
>comes in handy is when you are selling or buying used equipment, then
>it acts as a guarantee.

In a previous note I pointed out this is no longer true. Bummer.

It depends I guess on what kind of conditions you work in. I've heard so
many horror stories about the way insurance companies promise the moon and
deliver a lot less when push comes to shove, I would encourage any
prospective buyers of camera insurance to get it in writing. (Replacement
for actual cost of replacement, make sure every piece is listed, and updated
as values go up.)

Pros need to get pro insurance. Riders on homeowners and renters insurance
almost never covers the cost of replacement, and they will deny your claim
if they find out you were a pro and didn't tell them.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier