To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: OK....enough beer and inflation talk. I'm sorry I started it!
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Tue, 07 May 1996 07:40:34 -0700

At 09:34 AM 5/7/96 -0400, you wrote:

>I've been photographing for over 45 years and have a collection
>of lab excuses. Sometimes they are valid. But many times they
>put the blame on the photographer so that they don't have a
>problem giving away free film or a lawsuit from a pro.

In a previous life as a film processor for a major lab, I can remember the
horror of ruining film. I only did it twice on a large scale, or I should
say the machine did it. Once, I pulled a container out of the machine that
hadn't screwed the lid on (to keep it light tight) and 100 rolls of
Christmas memories were fogged. Cost the company $1,000.

But every once in a while, machines screw up and eat someone's film. It's a
fact of life with bottom-line thinking and minimal maintenance.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier