To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Summicron 35 hood question
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Mon, 06 May 1996 07:59:29 -0700

At 01:35 AM 3/5/96 -0700, you wrote:

>Actually, inflation has not been that much. I believe that a Leica today
>costs as much as it did in 1963. What worries me more is that a Leica of

I believe Arthur Kramer, of Mod. Photo fame, has said a Leica since the very
first one costs about a month's salary. Well, it's pretty close, even today.
Okay, for photojournalists more like 6-8 weeks.

>Leica makes small advances, like putting built-in hoods and updating M
>lenses. We should be expecting more from a company with their pedigree -
>leadership.

They use the best glass, have the best lens designs. That's what counts. The
rest is gravy. And Leica owners don't want those "advances." That being
said, I think they should get autofocus a la Contax AX.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier