To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Bill Grimwood's posting.
From: Charles E. Dunlap <cdunlap@rupture.ucsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 96 15:24:06 -0700

I was able to extract the text from Bill Grimwood's posting. It is
printed below.

-Charlie

I have been reading the mail in the Leica Users Group for a couple of
months and I really enjoy it.  In way of introduction of myself I thought
I would give you a little of my background.  I started using Leicas about
20 years ago.  I had used Pentax until
 that time.  I was amazed at the lens quality of the Leitz lenses.

I am an Indedpedant Insurance Agent and would be glad to help anyone with
their insurance problems, if I could be of some help.  I am not asking
for your business, I only write in Alabama.  Sometimes Agents don't want
to insure your cameras, maybe I could
give you some tips.

Photography is recreation to me although I used to do 4 or 5 weddings a
month.  I have an R and M system.  I use a Mamyia 7 for medium format and
like to shoot 4X5 B&W.

About ten years ago I attended my first LHSA convention and have only
missed one since.  I have been active in LHSA for the past few years.
Last year I had a tour of the Leica plant in Solmes and thoroughly
enjoyed it.  I have submitted an article to LHSA
's Viewfinder and hope it will be printed soon, maybe in the next issue.
I have made many friends in LHSA and have had the pleasure of having some
of the founding fathers from Ohio in my home for an evening meal.

I am a small time Leica and Rollei collector.  I do not own any rare or
very expensive items.  I would be considered a scratch and dent
collector.  I am not wealthy like many collectors and therefore cannot
purchase what I would really like to own.  But I
am having fun and isn't that really the bottom line.

Also I like to flyfish and am planning a trip to Yellowstone and Glacier
this summer and plan to do some fishing in that area but probably not in
the parks.

	Everyone keep up the good work and it would be a pleasure to meet all of
you.

Bill Grimwood   bgrim@garply.com

Charles E. Dunlap
Earth Sciences Dept.