To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #34
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 13:13:59 -0700

At 03:57 PM 4/21/96 -0400, you wrote:

>	I am willing to stand corrected on my terminology.  There was a
>very interesting discussion of this topic on "rec.photo.darkroom" a year
>and a half ago or so and I think that the term "diffraction" was used,

I thought I was being picky, but we might as well get our terms straight.
And diffraction does happen in the darkroom, when the aperture is stopped
down to a minimum, which I find way too many people doing. Which is one
reason I liked my Leica V35 enlarger (which I sold last fall). With the
glass carrier (only on top, not on the bottom) it kept the negative flat, so
I normally used it stopped down one stop (to f/4)) and it was incredible.
I've never seen any other lens as good, though I know some people who didn't
like it. I wonder if they were stopping it down too much?
Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier