To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica M perspective error
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 09:02:16 -0700

At 03:53 PM 4/20/96 -0700, you wrote:

>I would have thought of it as a parallax error too, but the viewfinder is
>supposed to correct for parallax. Is the problem that the viewfinder
>cannot correct for parallax when focussing is sufficiently close?

It corrects for parallax as far as framing goes (the framelines are moved,
not the actual subject you're looking at), buy you still aren't looking at
the near/far relationships perfectly. And it gets worse as you get closer.
But that's not the strength of an M camera, and the tradeoff you make for
not looking through the lens.
Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier