To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M6 metering
From: Gang Huang <gang@mtdcr.mt.att.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 96 10:48:51 EDT

At 09:12 AM 4/19/96 -0400, William Hong wrote:

>Jonathan Eastland's Leica M Compendium also mentioned this technique, but
>it doesn't seem to work on my M6.  Flicking the frameline selector
>doesn't see to change the metering at all.  I don't understand how this
>would work.  Since the framelines come up in pairs, how would it know to
>meter with the 35mm line, not the 135mm line, and the 28mm line, not
>the 90 mm line?

The purpose of clicking the frame line is to help the user to visualize
approximately the area of metering and it does not in anyway change how the
camera meters. The camera always uses the white disk on the curtain to
determine the exposure and has nothing to do with how you turn the frameline
lever.

Did I just add more confusion?

Regards,
Gang Huang