To: "leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>, "leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Phillistines who own Leicas
From: Jack Hamilton <Jack.Hamilton@internetMCI.COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 17:45:32 -0500

-- [ From: Jack Hamilton * EMC.Ver #2.3 ] --

Roger, and other Leica "exchangers:"

I agree with you Roger...simply owning a Leica does not mean that you will
take great pictures...any more than owning a Bonanza will mean that you
will be a great pilot.

OWNING an IBM typewriter, will not make you a great writer like Hemingway.

AND OWNING a Leica will not make you a Henri Cartier-Bresson. (I think that
I'm one of the first ones to spell his name right on this exchange
today...and I didn't even use spell check).

At any rate, a Leica is only a "tool" albeit a fantastic one. And a tool is
ONLY AN EXTENSION of the mind of man, coupled with this  eyes, hands and
MOST IMPORTANTLY, his brain.

The defense rests...

Cordially,
Jack Hamilton