To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Phillistines who own Leicas
From: scoop@bridge.net (Eric Larsen)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 96 18:26:01 EDT

On Thu, 18 Apr 1996 14:48:57 -0700 (MST) you wrote:

>A Leica in a tyro's hands will do little better than a pinhole camera in the
>hands of an accomplished photographer.
>       --
>       Roger Beamon,  Natural History Interpreter & Photographer
>                                 Docent: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
>                                 INTERNET: beamon@primenet.com

Pardon me?

I learned on a Leica M3, an old Weston meter and Fred Picker's Zone VI
Workshop book.

Even my first pictures weren't that bad -- I still have them.  I had little
compositional theory, but the images were sharp and the exposure was
80% on the money.

Leica to learn on?  Sure, if you really want to learn.  Hey, if you *know*
you want to learn guitar and buy a Gibson, who's going to argue?