To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Phillistines who own Leicas
From: fortunko@boulder.nist.gov (C.M. Fortunko)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 00:23:18 -0600

Roger,

I was not concerned about someone being not PC. I just think that the
discussion is silly. To me, it is axiomatic that using any manual Leica,
including the M6, will require sophistication. The Leica is simply not a
point-and-shoot-and-forget camera. It is not for the unsophisticated.

The gentleman with the M2 must invest some time or, kindly, invite us to buy
his cameras and lenses. I am sure that he will get a very good price. He can
then turn around and buy a new camera with a computer, multi-segmented,
mutli-mode light-metering capability, motors, (built-in synthesizer), and
other amenities. He will then be able to point, shoot, get reasonably good
images, and be happy.

Best regards,

Chris Fortunko

ps. I hear that the spring is wonderful in the desert. I would love to be
there just now to take some close ups.