To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Nikon/Canon rf lenses on Leica bodies????
From: Willem-Jan Markerink <w.j.markerink@mail.a1.NL>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 23:27:09 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <wjmarkerink@mail.a1.nl>

On 17 Apr 96 at 10:28, Eric Welch wrote about "Re: Nikon/Canon rf
lenses on Leica ":

> Zorkendorfer is a manufacturer in Germany who makes specialized equipment,
> like turning 35mm slrs into tilt-shift capable. The address is:
>
>  Zorkendorfer Film- und Fototechnik Gollierstr.
>  70 80339 Munchen Germany
>  Ph# 089 50 85 68
>  Fax# 089 50 44 05
>
> I think it's a couple hundred DM. And the guy who uses a Leica 180 Apo
> Summciron with it says it's very useful. But then he's into aerial photography
> of archelogical sites and only uses Kodacrhome 25 with the lens wide open, so
> the lack of auto aperture isn't a problem. He says the auto exposure works
> fine and camera functions perfectly. Very handy to have auto load and not
> having to rewind by hand when flying an airplane.

My first bet was that he uses Kodak HIE with a dark IR filter, also
resulting in 25 ASA. Quite common in aerial photography, and the
Leica APO will work fine without IR correction, no other 'slow' 180
or 200mm will. Only Zeiss and Leica use the word APO this way, most
other manufacturers do not....:-((

Bye,

     _/  _/ illem    _/     _/ an    _/  _/  _/ arkerink
                     _/_/_/

The difference
between men and boys
is in the price of their toys