To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Various M6 threads
From: paul@research.att.com (Paul Krzyzanowski)
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 96 16:42:55 EDT

> >AAAAGGGGHHHHHASANYONEGOTASOLIDUSERGRADEM6FORSALE?
>
> I'm relieved to hear this happens to someone besides me... Maybe we should
> start a 12-step program for M6 coveters.

I guess I am guilting of starting the latest want-to-get-an-M6 thread
by asking for advice on moving up from my IIIf.

A few hours ago I just bought a new chrome M6 (I like the chrome
bodies, but the black ones seem to be more popular; am I the only one
with such a sentiment?).  Needless to say, I haven't used it yet but,
compared to the IIIf, file loading, focusing and viewing are a joy
instead of a frustration. It's also bigger; I never realized how much
taller M cameras are than the screw mount ones.  Now I have to wait
for that first scratch, scrape, or dent...

The next bit of advice that I'd appreciate concerns lenses: I'd like
to get a 35mm Summicron lens. There was some discussion a while back
favoring the old 8 element Summicron. Are there any 35mm lenses that
I should strongly prefer over others? Are there any to avoid?
I won't even think about getting the aspheric Summilux, but are other
35 Summilux lenses worth considering (the price range appears to be
almost the same as for Summicrons)?

Thanks again,
Paul

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net> (Re: Various M6 threads)