To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Snipping the Leader on M4 & Later Cameras
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 11:50:40 -0400

Well, I have been educated.  I have dug exhaustively through my
not-inconsiderable collection of Leica IB's and how-to books and cannot find
a single reference to snipping the film leader for M4 and later cameras.  I
DID find a single reference (in the last of Morgan & Morgan's wonderful
Leica Manuals) that the leader should be 1 1/2" or more in length -- modern
films have 1" or 3/4" leaders, I recall -- but that's as close as I came.

Even my M6 IB was no help.  I haven't checked my M4 IB's yet, but I suspect
you all are right and I was just being an overly cautious sort.  As Leica
says in my M6 IB:  "Don't be too fussy in loading your LEICA M6 ... ".  I
guess I was!

Marc
msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!