To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Nikon/Canon rf lenses on Leica bodies????
From: MBell@mail.utexas.edu (Michael Bell)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 11:25:43 -0500

Everyone seems to be talking about useing screw mount Canon and Nikon
lenses on Leica Ms with adaptors.  Wasn't there also bayonet versions of at
least Canon lenses?  And did they need the adaptors?  A friend of mine has
an M2 and some lenses he inherited from his father.  There is a Canon lens
(28 I think) that fits on the M2 with no adaptor.   Would this still work
right?

My friend, BTW, has no appreciation at all for what he has.  He won't sell
me any of it because he keeps *everything* he got from his father whether
he uses it or not.  Very frustrating.  Not so much that he won't sell any
of it to me, but because it just sits there most of the time and he does
not take very good care of it.  When he does use it, its just for snapshots
that don't come out well because he does not really know how to use the
camera.  ugh.  I try not to think about it very much.

Michael Bell
MBell@mail.utexas.edu