To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 50 Summicron-M subtleties...
From: Edi Weitz <weitz@math.uni-hannover.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 10:21:31 +0200

At 10:18 09.04.1996 -0600, Nicholas Hartmann wrote:

>My Summicron is a black Wetzlar (German) lens, which I'm told was
>manufactured in the late 1970s. It has no focusing tab, only a knurled
>barrel. I recently had a tab fitted, however, because I found the tab so
>useful on other lenses, especially for fine focusing.

Nick,

I also have one of those 70's 50mm Summicrons without the tab and would like
to have one fitted. Could you please tell me who fitted the tab for you? And
how much did you have to pay? (Unfortunately I live in Germany and I'm quite
sure it will be hard to find somebody who'll do it here. Nevertheless I
would be interested in any information.)

Thanks, Edi.

Replies: Reply from Tom Hodge <thodge@charweb.org> (Re: 50 Summicron-M subtleties...)