To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: SOOKY
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 1996 14:18:05 -0400
Cc: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)

At 01:13 PM 4/9/96 -0400, Ken Wilcox wrote:

>My 50mm Summicron #2433xxx (black, find focus ribs) has a removable head.
>It is sitting dissassembled by my computer as I type.

Thanks, Ken!  I have hived off all my 50mm Summicrons save for a single TM
collapsible and an NF which serves as the standard lens on my M6, and so I
had no later lenses on hand to check against the Printed Authorities.  I had
understood that the second generation onwards did not have removeable heads,
but yours, dating from 1970, is most certainly a second-generation lens.
Maybe the third-generation lens also has a removeable head?

Best wishes,

Marc
msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!