To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 75mm 1.4 aspheric?...Now 21mm Aspheric??
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 1996 07:56:31 -0800

Wolfgang Sachse wrote:

> > I doubt the 75 is the next aspheric for the Leica M. I heard the next
> > one is going to be a 21 Elmarit. And don't worry, the lens is extremely
> > good. Everyone I've talked to who has one loves it. Those who don't cite
> > it's weight and size, not performance....
>
>         Hi Group -
>
>         I'm confused. Eric writes "...the next one is going to be
>         a 21 Elmarit..." and then he describes the characteristics
>         of this lens. Am I reading this right? Is there a 21mm
>         Aspheric Elmarit now available? Or does the "... Everyone

No, you have to follow the thread. I'm guessing there isn't going to be
a 75 Summilux. BUT I have heard a rumor there is a 21mm Aspheric coming
out, a rumor I heard from Germany via Compuserve. I was thinking maybe
this is where the 75 Summilux rumor might have come from - the fact that
another ASPH is coming out, that is.

And who knows? The Noctilux is due for an optical revamping. That was
announced at the same time as the newest version of the Noctilux at the
last Photokina where they added a built-in lens hood.

--
Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR