To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: 75mm 1.4 aspheric?
From: Mark_Bishop@ipc.co.uk (Mark Bishop)
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 21:10:29 +0000

I have a Leica M6 with 35mm f/1.4 Aspheric-M lens, the second-generation one,
which I find excellent. I would like to add another, longer lens to my system
but have heard that it is not as good as some of the other Leitz optics. Also I
have heard rumours that there will soon be an aspheric version of this lens -
and that the improvement should be at least as dramatic as with the 35mm, since
aspheric technology is more beneficial for telephoto lenses.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net> (Re: 75mm 1.4 aspheric?)