To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Henri Cartier Bresson's tools
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 1996 09:34:00 -0800

Gary J Toop wrote:

>         Does anyone have an idea of the maker of the lenses?  I remember
> reading that Cartier-Bresson used lenses made by a number of different
> makers.

Most of the time it was Summicrons. All of them. Never heard, though,
about anything else, though maybe some screw lenses were Canon or Nikon?
Interesting. Like Eisenstadt, who is also associated closely with Leica,
who had a very eclectic Nikon collection in addition to his Leicas. I
played with a lot of his lenses when he donated them to the University
of Missouri Journalism School.

--
Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR