To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: To French members only
From: Willem-Jan Markerink <w.j.markerink@mail.a1.NL>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 11:44:43 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <wjmarkerink@mail.a1.nl>

On 27 Mar 96 at 14:16, Kalessin@eworld.com wrote about "Re: To French
members only":

> There's no
> way in hell *I'd* want to get into the complications involved in trading
> camera gear across international frontiers.
> <<
>
> I've bought and sold many items across the US boundaries to New Zealand,
> France, England, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Holland, Switzerland... what's the
> big deal?
>
> The most important thing is to do business with folks who are honest,
> understand the arrangements, and whom you can trust.  The mechanics of
> packaging/shipping/currency exchange/etc. are not that complicated.

I second that!
If anything amazes me in this cyberworld it is this global trade
between list members world wide....it wouldn't surprise one bit me if the
amount of money involved is by far larger than the commercial trade of
global Net companies.

I love it!
(especially with the low prices in the US, of course)

FWIW:  a lot of countries don't charge customs on used
stuff....something to remember....;-))
(this is valid for Holland, and I was told the same goes for the US also)

Bye,

     _/  _/ illem    _/     _/ an    _/  _/  _/ arkerink
                     _/_/_/

<w.j.markerink@a1.nl>

Replies: Reply from tys@masadm1.mas.eurocontrol.be (Henk Thijs) (Re: To French members only)