To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 135mm f/4.0 Tele-Elmar-M
From: Willem-Jan Markerink <w.j.markerink@mail.a1.NL>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 11:08:24 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <wjmarkerink@mail.a1.nl>

On 26 Mar 96 at 14:25, Michael Reichmann wrote about "Re: 135mm f/4.0
Tele-Elmar-M":

> Every now and then I'll drop into a camera store and spend a while playing
> with a R6.2, but each time I walk away disappointed.  They just don't have
> the "feel" that I want.  My F4, bruser that it is, handles like a charm and
> has all the "features" one could want -- even though I use it in manual
> everything mode 90% of the time.
>
> Now if there was a way to put Leica lenses on an F4 body........

I hate to tell you this (not really): Novoflex recently announced a
Leica->EOS non-optics adaptor....;-))
FWIW, a Nikon->EOS non-optics adaptors has been around longer, but
now also from Novoflex and Zoerkendoerfer (both German brands).
Since both adaptors are very thin *and* accommodate a release
mechanism, they are not cheap, $200.
If one can live with a screw instead of a fast release, it can be
done for less by other manufacturers, but not by much.

Bye,

     _/  _/ illem    _/     _/ an    _/  _/  _/ arkerink
                     _/_/_/

<w.j.markerink@a1.nl>

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net> (Re: 135mm f/4.0 Tele-Elmar-M)