To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 135mm f/4.0 Tele-Elmar-M
From: Michael Reichmann <michaelr@interlog.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 14:25:40 -0500

Tom,

I don't think you'll find many here that will argue the merits of Leica
optics.  I'm in love with them and wish I had the time and money to buy and
use them all.  Each seems to have it's own character.

My problem is that since I "rediscovered" Leica last year, after a long
absense, I'm falling out of love with my Nikon F4 and family of 8 lenses.
I'd trade the whole lot in in a flash to be able to use Leica lenses on an
SLR (where I still do most of my work -- landscape and nature -- but I
haven't been able to get excited about Leica R bodies.

Every now and then I'll drop into a camera store and spend a while playing
with a R6.2, but each time I walk away disappointed.  They just don't have
the "feel" that I want.  My F4, bruser that it is, handles like a charm and
has all the "features" one could want -- even though I use it in manual
everything mode 90% of the time.

Now if there was a way to put Leica lenses on an F4 body........

Michael

At 10:37 AM 26/03/96 -0500, you wrote:

>The only difference I can tell.......is when I compare 'em with ANYTHING
>else.  No contest!  Not even close!

Replied: Forwarded 26 Mar 96 14:03

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net> (Re: 135mm f/4.0 Tele-Elmar-M)
Reply from "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk> (Re: 135mm f/4.0 Tele-Elmar-M)