To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 90mm f/2.5 COLORPLAN-P2 CF
From: msmall@roanoke.infi.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 1996 12:41:43 -0500
Cc: photog3@ix.netcom.com (Mel Weinstein )

Hmm.  Mr Weinstein makes an interesting point.  I have the same problem, but
I have encountered it in every small projector I've ever used.  The larger
projectors can do a better job of cooling, I understand, than do the smaller
ones.  The virtues of the P150 are many, including its small size and easy
portability -- but there is a cost that comes with that small size!

With my P150, I simply wait a few seconds until the slide 'pops' -- it's
then completely in focus with the Colorplan, and almost completely in focus
with the Hektor.  And I shoot mainly moderate telephotos so most of my shots
are with a 4/90 collapsible or 4/135 Tele-Elmar, with their concommitant
shallow DOF.

Another remedy is glass slide mounts -- the old Lindia ones were nice and
you still seem them at a lot of camera shows and GEPE, of course, are
readily available through HP Marketing.  But if you use glass mounts, I
believe the non-CF lens would do a significantly better job than does the CF.

Marc
msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!