To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Update on M4-P Shutter problem
From: George Moore <gmoore@magna.com.au>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 1996 16:17:25 +1000

>Back in the late 60's and early 70's though, I was a working photojournalist
>and used an M2 and an M3 extensively.  They equipment belonged to my
>employer (The Canadian Broadcasting Corp.) and their regime was to have the
>equipment serviced once a year, whether it needed it of not <g>.  (It always
>needed it)!
>
>I never mistreated the cameras, but I always put getting the shot above
>caring about the equipment.  The thought was, cameras and lenses can be
>replaced, but lost moments can't.  (Not a bad philosophy in other regards,
>now that I think about it).

(Snip)

Loved  the story and the attitude Michael

I've been using an M6 for 4 years .... first time out in "bad weather" was a
walk (hike) on the Milford Track in New Zealand, day one and the sky just
opened up, water every  where .. up to our knees .. and we have the photos
to prove it

At one point in pouring rain, my partner was holding a hand towel above the
camera as I took the shots, both the 21mm finder and the viewfinder were so
fogged I couldn't see a thing, so I just pointed and took the shots.

The fog in the 21mm finder took a couple of days to clear ... But 3 years
later, no service and all is fine

Regards,

George Moore, Sydney Australia

gmoore@magna.com.au