To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M35 f/1.4 Aspherical vs M35 f/1.4 Asph
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 19:50:03 PST

** Reply to note from  <chucko@eskimo.com> 03/16/96 09:28am -0800

> Quite right, Eric, and I stand corrected. I knew it had some sort of molded
> element --- don't know where the plastic came from.

It comes from the opticus plasticus elementus plant, found in the Schwarzvald.
<g>

I wondered about the molding of a lens element, but from everything I've heard
from friends (yes, I actually have friends out there in cyberland!) the lens is a
killer. I used to own a 35 Summilux R, which is supposed to be just slightly less
of a performer than the ASPH, and it was a killer. Noticeably better than my 35
Summicron M (vintage early-80s so next to the last version), which I love, btw.

Regards,

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR