To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #5
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 1996 12:44:41 -0800

Laurent SAMINADAYAR wrote:
> anything. Does anybody have reliable information about this ? Is it the
> right time to buy a M6 ?

Yes, it's the right time to buy one. There isn't going to be an upgrade
to the M6 in the near future. I got that from a Magazine editor who I
was asked not to identify who has been to Solms and talked to them about
the future. But there will be a CL2 (NOT an M6.2, it will be completely
different - more like a CLE) though that isn't what it will be called.
It's the internal name for it at Leica. I think the next M6 like camera
that's coming out is more likely to be like the M6-J, but I doubt it's
close.

> Another point is the 35 f/2 which is a quite old lens. Is it a new 35
>f/2 in

It's not that old. It was updated in the mid 80s, and needs no updating.
It's a superb lens as it is. Not quite the equal of the Aspheric or the
35 Summilux R, but close enough.

--
Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR