To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: A Minor Quibble
From: Gary J Toop <gtoop@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 10:04:52 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 6 Mar 1996, Jorg Nolte wrote:

> <Marc Small has asked that I configure the Leica list so that replies go
> <to the individual and not to the entire group. Let me know if you have
> <feelings about this one way or the other.

> I think it is ok the way it is.  Most replies are of interest
> to all group members. If not, it should not be very complicated to send
> an individual mails as a reply.
>  Joerg

	It makes little difference to me which way it is. At present my
mail reader (Pine running under Unix) gives me the choice of reply to
either the sender or the group which is nice, but I could live without
it.

	It seems to me that the question is, simply, how difficult
is it for people whose system doesn't have this feature to reply to
individual posters?  As Wolfgang Sachse points out, it can be rather
difficult for people to copy down the address of a poster to the group if
they want to mail to them personally, while most of us - correct me if I
am wrong - have some kind of an address book that allows us to keep the
Leica-Users-List address at our fingertips.  That suggests to me that
Marc might have a good point.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Gary Toop
gtoop@uoguelph.ca