To: Adrian Tanovic <Adrian_Tanovic@genre.com>, leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: M6 Suggestion Box
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 96 07:19 WET

At 04:03 PM 2/23/96, Adrian Tanovic wrote:
>fellow LUG-nuts:

>2) Make it possible to use the light meter without first advancing the film.
>Sometimes after metering, you decide a shot is just not worth it, and are left
>with the film tensioned.

Nothing wrong with this change, but Leica says that it is OK to leave the
shutter wound; that it will do no damage.

>3) Make the viewfinder a bit more friendly for people with eyeglasses.  The
>assumed pupil-point is too far forward.

My wife would appreciate this one. I found contact lenses to be the solution
for me. This way I cna also shoot my screw mounts Leicas with ease.

My favorite improvement would be to equip the M6 with the same baseplate
used on the M4 series so that I can use my Leica cassettes in it. I had to
buy a used M4-P baseplate for mine. The best thing about this one is that it
would not require any redesign; just put the older baseplate on it.

I would also like to see some kind of TTL flash metering incorporated. Not
vital, but there are some situations that it would be nice for.

kw

Ken Wilcox		Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
umcc.umcc.umich.edu

Replied: Forwarded 22 Feb 96 22:53