To: Tom Hodge <thodge@charweb.org>
Subject: Double exposures
From: corkflor@iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 09:12:34 +0000
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Tom Hodge wrote:
>1)  Do any of the M series (i.e. bayonet lens mount) bodies allow for
>intentional double exposures?
>
>2)  Were there any screw thread bodies that allowed this function?

I don't know of any way of getting round the M series linkage, but back in
the mists of time I read somewhere of a technique with screw Leicas which
seemed to work.

It goes likes this:

1) Make the first exposure.

2) With the shutter run down, press down the shutter button, and turn the
speed selection dial all the way back against the spring with the button
held down.

3) Let go of the shutter button.

You should now be ready for a second exposure on the same frame.

I hasten to add that the usual disclaimers apply - I don't hold myself
responsible for mangled camera innards when people try this technique. Do
so entirely at your own risk!

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst