To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
From: photog3@ix.netcom.com (Mel Weinstein )
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 18:30:43 -0800

A number of people have been asking about the Leica P150 slide
projector.  I just bought one in September and would recommend the
projector, but only if you spend the extra money and buy the CF lens.
It is about $100 more and well worth the money.  The Hecktor lens that
is standard, is a flat field lens and you will have a very hard time
projecting your slides and have the whole image in focus without glass
mounting all your slides.  If they are mounted in plastic or cardboard
they will bend from the heat of the projector lamp making it impossible
to focus on the entire image.   With the curved field lens this problem
is eliminated and the images are as sharp across the entire plane as I
have ever seem from a slide projector.

Hope this helps.

Mel Weinstein   Santa Monica, California
photog3@ix.netcom.com