To: Kalessin@eworld.com
Subject: Re: some photography, anyone?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 1996 00:43:38 -0800
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Kalessin@eworld.com wrote:

> both parts of this study is what I'm aiming for, without snobbery or
> penis-size taking precedence over discussions of the art and technology.

As one of the "fighters" you refer to, I'll appreciate you not bringing
Freud into this. <g>

You probably didn't follow the whole thread, before it degenerated. I
had meant to take it to e-mail, but I guess the last couple of times
I hit the wrong button. NetScape is a pain at times! I do believe that
the start was some innocent question by someone.

Anyway, I do photography professionally at a newspaper. I tend to shoot
a lot of sports due to my shift, but I cover the gamut from the first
privately owned items from King Tut's tomb last year to work for
magazines around the contry to gramdma Jones turning 105. I've been
shooting for almost 20 years now, the last 10 professionally, and I burn
about 1,000 rolls of film a year. So I don't think you would consider me
an armchair photographer. My goal is to be as good as Sebastiao Salgado,
and I figure three or four incarnations ought to do it.

--
Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR