To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Zeiss Hologon for Leica M
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 09:24:35 PST

** Reply to note from "Hubert Nowotny" <HUBERTN@ctr.co.at> 01/19/96
09:48am +0100
> Be careful. There's only one in-between step at 1/50 (flash sync
> speed). If you read the instructions delivered with the M6, there's
> the warning _not_ to use in-between settings (as this will end up in
> incorrect shutter times).
>
> Just for info ... (There _is_ a Leica with 1/2 shutter speed steps,
> it's called the R7, and I believe it's the only model which is able
> to do this job).

All I know is what some writers have said, that if you are careful, it
can be done. I think Leica in the instruction book is saying that you
cannot count on it being accurate by eyeballing it.

And you are right, the R7 is the only one that gives you settable 1/2
stop speeds. I own one. And it's the best SLR Leica ever made. But I
like the 1/3 stops on my EOS1n even better. Too bad Leica doesn't
borrow that camera for their autofocus model of the future. What an
awesome machine!

Well, you can put Leica longer lenses on an EOS1n with a Zorkendorfer
adapter. Get infinity focus and no glass in the adapter. So some day,
who knows! Maybe I'll get another 280 apo telyt and use it on my EOS1n.

Regards,

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

Replied: 19 Jan 96 23:12