To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 35 vs. 50 summicrons
From: jredfern@intacc.net (Jae Redfern)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 20:50:41 -0500

>It's a matter of choice.  I personally find wide-angle stuff exceedingly
>boring and therefore rarely use my wide-angles;  my 90mm's, on the other
>hand, are the lenses I use the most.

Boring??!!
Wide angles are trickier to use but when used well produce a much more
"dynamic" composition, allowing greater use of leader lines. IMHO the
longer lenses are dull by comparaison. The restricted angle of view allows
for a more selective and leisurely "pick and shoot" mentality but the end
result is nearly invariably a compressed 2 dimensional stamper of a shot.

        The choice between a 50 and 35 is tricky and indeed highly personal
but to dismiss wide angles as boring leaves me "bafflegabbed" (but
obviously not speechless  ;>  )
Jae