To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Viso and bellows one. Still useful??
From: jredfern@intacc.net (Jae Redfern)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 20:33:55 -0500

>But who would want one in Excellent condition anyway? That's way below my
>standards. I want Ex++ or better when I buy equipment. And if I were a
>hobbyist, it would be Mint- or better.
>
>Of course rating lenses could be a whole 'nuther discussion. ;-)
>

>Regards,
>
>Eric Welch
>Grants Pass, OR

I have always found that one of the better aspects of using Leica gear (at
least the M line)
was that the stuff was so well built in the first place that one never had
to worry too much about a few non optical scuffs and scars.
        I'll quite happily pass the depreciation factor onto the well
heeled amateurs and opt for a less than mint body or lens.
        My equipment consists of items ranging in age from 30 years to 3
weeks and it all serves remarkably, considering the real (and sometimes
hyper real) world conditions it has had to suffer through.
        Some of it doesn't look pretty any more but the negs' are always a
reminder of why I got into this ruinous and idiosyncratic equipment in the
first place: built to last and perform admirably under stresses no other
system could handle.
        Jae