To: Leica List <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Minolta 28mm f/2.8 Rokkor-C for the CLE
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 1995 16:03:53 PST

** Reply to note from tholownia@mail.mta.ca 11/05/95 07:05am -0800
> A slant on the M6, my technician in the art department (Mount Allison
> University) where I work gave up on the M6 after the second one started
> giving him electronic problems....

The early M6s had a bit of problem with the meters, i.e. electronics. Those
problems have been solved. I am continually amazed with how accurate that
meter is. Of course, I've only owned it since July, so I can't comment on
reliability. But everyone I talk to that's had one other than the early
ones say they wouldn't part with them for love nor money. I'm of that
opinion so far. I wouldn't use any other Leica M camera now. Period.

Regards,

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR