To: ch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>, leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Who owns Leica?
From: Jack Hamilton <0002022804@mcimail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 95 22:06 EST

-- [ From: Jack Hamilton * EMC.Ver #2.3 ] --

ERIC:
I agree with your detailing of how the current Leica Camera GMBH is set up.
I've been kidding some of the designers of the Leica www. site about this. Our
viewpoint, as Americans, is about Leica camera. ...and Leica camera only counts
for about 12% of the current Leitz business., so they have explained to me.

So we look at "oranges" and they are talking about apples.

I think that you are going to start to see the emergence of the new Leica
camera...Positioned initially to give the Contax g series a run for its money.

Probably, the Leica CL-2 (patterned on the same technology as the Mini-Lux, but
with interchangeable lenses) will be the next camera to be unveiled.

Leica, by its own admission is technologically about five-years behind where it
wants to be...and now they are trying to make up the time...and this is
according to the Leica U. S. President.

By the way Eric, have you seen the article of the Leica Mystique. Leica New
York was sending them out to those who asked for them.

Cordially,
Jack Hamilton
Milwaukee, Wisconsin