To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Viso and bellows one. Still useful??
From: jredfern@intacc.net (Jae Redfern)
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 10:56:33 -0500

>I regularly use a Viso II and sometimes use a Viso I.  My 4/200 Telyt and
>4.8/280 Telyts require their use, as do my Kilfitt lenses.  This is a fine
>and proper accessory for the Leica.  The I, however, is not nearly as useful
>as the II or III, as it requires a special double-cable for use on the M's
>or either a double cable or sports release for use on the TM cameras.
>
>If naught else, it looks really neat on your shelf.
>
>Marc
>msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
>Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

Funnily enough, it is looking rather smart on my bookshelf and it's doing a
fine job of propping up my books.
        Now, it cost me next to nothing and it's blowing my mind with how
beautifully made and rock steady the whole rig is; there has to be a way of
extending its useful lifespan.
        I have the double cable release you mention, (Nicest, most
functional cable I've ever seen) which of the Viso lenses would I be able
to use? Are they worth the bother or are they just rather grand looking
timepieces? I have no experience with any of the longer lenses.
        What do you reckon to your 200 and 280 Telyts?
Anyone else out there using Viso lenses on a Viso 1 ?
Thanks,
Jae