To: Leica List <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: 35mm Summicron lens
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 23:26:24 PST

** Reply to note from Charles Albertson <chucko@eskimo.com> 11/02/95  6:51pm -0800
> Besides, I believe Leica discontinued the Summilux-M in favor of the new
> aspheric model, so when current stocks of the Summilux are gone...

Mabye so, but they just came out with a new version of that old formula - a silver
one. Mabye they've discontinued that, even though it's only a year or so old. In
fact, they only built the version of the M6 that I have - called the Panda because
though it's chrome the speed dial and wind and rewind knobs are black - for three
months. Instant collector. It even has a cool serial number - 177277. Now what more
could a collector want? Mabye that I shoudn't use it.

:-)

Regards,

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR