To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 135mm for screw mount + finder
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 95 20:20:30 PDT

I have a IIIf. I have a 135mm/f4.5 lens for it that is marked "Culminar",
made by "Steinheil Munchen".

It is a good lens, but not a great lens. It is about the same quality
as my 90mm/f4 Elmar. I have done a lot of nice work with it.

I use my 90mm finder for it, and just visually shrink the field
of view. This is clumsy, but it works well enough for me. I've never
seen an auxiliary viewfinder for 135mm lenses.