To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leicas by mail-order?
From: gang@mtdcr.att.com
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 94 12:54 EST

There are only two or three places in NY that I would consider mail order
anything from: B&H, 47St photo, and maybe Wall Street and definitely NOT Smile
or Cambridge which is one of the worst. There are also a couple of smaller
outfits that reportedly provide very good service but do not advertize in
Pop. Photo.
As for Leica equipment, I believe the higher prices that everybody
advertizes is with the Passport Warranty. Anything over 10% lower than
these prices are most likely grey market and not covered by the Passport.
I don't know what kind of warranty you get with grey market Leicas if any.
You can call Leica USA (201)767-1100 to find out.

g.huang
gang@mtdcr.att.com