To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, tomrice@netcom.com
Subject: Re: extraterrestrial Leica item?
From: geb@dsl.pitt.edu (Gordon Banks)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 93 11:47:41 -0400

Sounds like a close up lens to me.  They are placed in front of
the lens of rangefinder cameras to allow them to focus closer
than normal.  SLRs don't need them, since they can use bellows
or extension tubes better.  I didn't know Leica made them, as
I think they prefered the reflex (Visoflex) housing way of
doing close ups.  I doubt it is a Leitz product, offhand.