To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Summilux 35/1.4
From: Ihtisham.Kabir@Eng.Sun.COM (Ihtisham Kabir)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 93 10:51:25 PDT

	Regarding the wide-aperture flare of the summilux 35/1.4:

	Is this the kind of flare that makes the highlights kind of
	"bleed" into the surroundings? Does this happen at f1.4 mostly?

Exactly.  I am not sure what happens at more than f2.

	Does this happen in available light situations, with no direct
	light necessarily pointing into the lens (eg, flurosecent light
	in a room).

Exactly.  This softens the shape of the entire image.

	I am _very_ curious to find out if this is a known problem with
	the Summilux.

This is just a characteristic but a problem.  Somebody even prefer this effect.

	Thanks very much for any information,

	- Ihtisham

Hisashi Naganuma
hisashi@lpd.sj.nec.com