To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: 35mm for leica
From: hisashi@lpd.sj.nec.com (Hisashi Naganuma)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 93 13:37:15 PDT
Cc: hisashi@lpd.sj.nec.com

I am now looking for 35mm for Leica M.  Summicron 35mm/2 is my target because of its sharpness.  I do not like F1.4.

However, I am not fully confident with taking advantage of 35mm angle. Some time ago I have bought 35mm/2.8 for Contax but at that time I rather prefered extreme wide lenses like 18mm/21mm/25mm and finally I sold 35mm.

Now I want to try again with my M6.
To try 35mm, I am thinking Summaron 35mm/3.5 as a trial instead of expensive Summicron. Is there anybody who has the experience on Summaron and has any opinion on the image quality of Summaron?  Is it worth as a substitution of Summicron?

Hisashi Naganuma
hisashi@lpd.sj.nec.com