To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: 45/2.8 Rokkor
From: Arthur Wouk <wouk@alumni.cs.colorado.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1993 13:14:21 -0700

>Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1993 13:54:36 -0500
>From: Jeffrey Frey <jeff@eng.umd.edu>
>To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
>Subject: 45/2.8 Rokkor
>

>My Yashica/Nicca YF came equipped with a Minolta 45/2.8 Rokkor, perhaps not
>original equipment.  Does anyone know what camera(s) this lens was original
>on?
>Jeff

the only lens of this type i know was a Super-Rokkor, marked Chiyoko,
which was used on the Minolta A-F and Minolta II cameras. these were
originally not full 24x36, so the lens may not give full coverage on a
leica. they are very good lenses for their time. (i have both an f and
a II in my collection. they were removable lens systems, leica copies,
and i also have one telephoto for these cameras. i have never used
them on a leica.) they are early 50s contemporaries of the IIIf.