To: finn@isi.edu
Subject: Re: Current M4 prices
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 92 15:12:28 PDT
Cc: leica-users

I've never known how to respond to questions like this. I like to take
pictures with Leicas, not collect them, and I have always been bothered
by the fact that 2/3 of the Leicas in the world are in showcases and
not in camera bags. I therefore tend to try to reinforce behavior that
will lead to lower prices for them.

Knowing the difference between buying and selling prices for collectibles is
the skill that makes people succeed or fail at being dealers, and you
will never get anybody to give you much accurate and honest data about
it.