To: Jack Campin <att!dcs.glasgow.ac.uk!jack>, leica-users
Subject: Hektor (was: what has a 43mm filter thread?)
From: ktw@hlwpk.att.com
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 92 12:37 EDT

I think the 50mm f/1.4 Summilux has a 43mm thread.

As for the 135 f/4.5 Hektor, it is a nice lens.  However, I have never
used it on screwmount camera.  I have a Imarect finder for my IIIC, and
for the M3 when I use a screwmount 35mm Summaron f/2.8 in an adapter.
The times I've looked through the 135 frame on the Imarect, it's been
awful.  The most you can do is get a general idea of the frame of what
you're photographing, then focus using the rangefinder.  I always feel
like the photographer in Antonioni's _Blow-Up_: I never know what's on
the film until I print it :-).

Ken Wolman